OREO Crust Chocolate Cheesecake
Prep time30 min
Total time6hr 20min
ServingsMakes 16 servings, 1 piece (110 g) each.
- 18 Oreo Cookies, finely crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 3 pkg. (250 g each) brick cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 pkg. (225 g) semi-sweet baking chocolate, broken into pieces, melted and cooled slightly
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup thawed frozen whipped topping
- 1½ cups mixed sliced fresh kiwi and strawberries
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add chocolate; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake 45 to 50 min. or until centre is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim.
- Refrigerate cheesecake 4 hours. Top with whipped topping and fruit before serving.
This is an indulgent dessert for special occasions. Be sure to watch the serving size.
- How to Soften Cream Cheese
Place completely unwrapped packages of cream cheese in microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 45 sec. or until slightly softened.
- Special Extra
Stir a few drops red food colouring into the whipped topping before using as directed.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|