WHEAT THINS Gruyere Pinecone Spread
Prep time15 min
Total time2hr 15min
ServingsMakes 30 servings, 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) spread and 11 crackers (20 g) each.
- 2 pkg. (250 g each) brick light cream cheese, softened
- 1 env. (28 g) dry onion soup mix
- ¼ lb. (115 g) Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 cup almonds, toasted
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary (5 inch)
- Wheat Thins Crackers
- Beat cream cheese and soup mix in medium bowl until blended. Add shredded cheese; mix well.
- Divide cheese mixture in half. Shape each half into 5x2-1/2-inch oval that is slightly pointed at one end to resemble a pinecone. Place on serving plate, leaving spaces around sides of both pinecones. Insert nuts, at a slight angle and in horizontal rows, into cheese mixture as shown in photo.
- Tuck rosemary sprigs around pinecones to resemble tree branches.
- Refrigerate 2 hours. Let pinecones stand at room temperature 15 min. before serving to soften slightly.
- Serve with crackers.
Prepare using shredded Emmental or Swiss cheese.
To prepare more than 2 hours ahead of time, shape cheese mixture into pinecone shapes but do not cover with nuts. Refrigerate up to 24 hours. Insert nuts into pinecones up to 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|