"Pine Cone" Pesto-Cheese RITZ Topper
Prep time5 min
ServingsMakes 4 servings, 4 topped crackers (62 g) each.
- 125 g (1/2 of 250-g pkg.) brick light cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp. basil pesto
- 16 Ritz Crackers
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sliced almonds, broken in half
- 16 small fresh basil leaves
- Mix cream cheese and pesto until blended; spoon into resealable plastic bag.
- Cut small piece off one bottom corner of bag; use to pipe cream cheese mixture into oval shape on top of each cracker.
- Press nut pieces into cream cheese mixture to resemble pine cones.
- Add basil leaves.
Substitute fresh parsley sprigs for the basil leaves.
- How to Toast the Nuts
To easily toast the nuts, spread them into single layer on bottom of shallow pan. Bake in 350°F oven 8 to 10 min. or until lightly toasted, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Dietary fiber 1g|