WHEAT THINS Tomato Topped Cheese & Bean Dip
Prep time5 min
ServingsMakes 16 servings, 2 Tbsp. dip and 16 crackers each.
- 1 can (19 fl oz/540 mL) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 1½ cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 125 g (1/2 of 250g pkg) brick cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ tsp. ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup chopped tomato
- Wheat Thins Crackers
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place chickpeas, 1 cup of the cheese, cream cheese, sour cream and ground red pepper in blender or food processor container; cover.
- Blend until smooth. Stir in green onions.
- Spread into 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake 20 min. or until light golden brown. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and tomato. Serve with crackers.
- Make Ahead
Prepare as directed except for baking; cover. Refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, bake, uncovered, 25 min.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Vitamin A 5%DV|
|Vitamin C 5%DV|
|Vitamin A||5 %DV|
|Vitamin C||5 %DV|