WHEAT THINS Sweet Potato Hummus
Prep time10 min
ServingsMakes 1-1/2 cups hummus or 12 servings, 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) hummus and 6 crackers (10 g) each.
- 1 sweet potato, peeled, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 Tbsp. reduced-calorie balsamic vinaigrette Dressing, divided
- 1 can (19 fl oz/540 mL) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Wheat Thins Multigrain Crackers
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Toss potatoes and garlic with 2 Tbsp. dressing; spread onto baking sheet. Bake 30 to 35 min. or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Cool 10 min.
- Place potatoes in food processor. Add remaining dressing, chickpeas and lemon juice; process until well blended.
- Serve with crackers.
- Special Extra
Serve this flavourful dip with assorted fresh vegetables, such as red pepper strips, broccoli florets and baby carrots, in addition to the crackers.
- Use Your Microwave
If time is short, use your microwave to cook the sweet potato. Do not cut potato into cubes. Prick whole potato several times with sharp knife or fork. Microwave on HIGH 4 to 6 min. or until potato is tender. Cut potato in half; scoop out flesh. Process flesh in food processor with remaining dressing, chickpeas and lemon juice as directed. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Vitamin A||15 %DV|
|Vitamin C||6 %DV|