WHEAT THINS Street Corn Dip with Avocado Cream
Prep time30 min
ServingsMakes 2-1/4 cups dip or 18 servings, 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) dip and 11 crackers each.
- 1 ear corn on the cob, husks and silk removed, grilled
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1½ tsp. minced fresh jalapeño peppers
- ¼ tsp. chipotle chili pepper powder
- 3 Tbsp. crumbled Cotija cheese, divided
- 2 tsp. zest and 1 Tbsp. juice from 2 limes, divided
- 1 small fully ripe avocado
- ½ cup light sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. light mayonnaise
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- Wheat Thins Crackers
- Cut kernels off ear of corn. (See Tip.) Place corn kernels in medium bowl. Add cilantro, jalapeño peppers, chili pepper powder, 2 Tbsp. cheese, 1 tsp. lime zest and 1-1/2 tsp. lime juice; mix well.
- Mash avocado in medium bowl. Add sour cream, mayonnaise, dry seasonings, and remaining lime zest and juice; mix well.
- Spread avocado mixture onto bottom of serving dish; top with corn mixture and remaining cheese.
- Serve with crackers.
- How to Grill and Cut the Corn
Heat grill pan on medium heat. Place ear of corn in hot pan. Grill 15 to 20 min. or until kernels are evenly charred, turning frequently. Cool. Place small bowl upside down in large bowl. Stand corn cob on small bowl, then use sharp knife to carefully cut kernels off corn ear into large bowl.
Look for Cotija cheese in the deli section of your grocery store. Or you can instead use an equal amount of grated Parmesan cheese.
Substitute 1/2 tsp. chipotle flavoured hot sauce for the chili powder.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||2 %DV|