TRISCUIT Fiesta "Flatbread"
Prep time25 min
ServingsMakes 9 servings, 4 topped crackers (83 g) each.
- ½ lb. (225 g) extra-lean ground turkey
- 2½ Tbsp. less sodium taco seasoning mix
- ⅓ cup water
- 36 Triscuit Original Crackers
- 1 cup shredded light Nacho cheese blend, divided
- ½ avocado, chopped
- 2 green and/or red serrano peppers, cut into thin slices
- 3 Tbsp. light sour cream
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Cook turkey in medium nonstick skillet on medium heat until done, stirring frequently. Add taco seasoning mix and water; stir. Bring to boil, stirring frequently; simmer on medium-low heat 5 min., stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Cover baking sheet with parchment paper. Place crackers, with sides touching, in 9 rows of 4 crackers each on prepared baking sheet to form rectangle.
- Sprinkle evenly with 1/2 cup cheese; cover with turkey mixture and remaining cheese.
- Bake 5 to 7 min. or until cheese is melted.
- Top with remaining ingredients.
- For Milder Flavour
Substitute jalapeño peppers for the serrano peppers.
- Special Extra
Before serving, add more of your favourite toppings, such as chopped tomatoes, pickled jalapeño nacho slices, sliced black olives and/or chopped onions.
- To Prepare as Individual Topped Crackers
Place crackers, 1 inch apart, in single layer on large baking sheet; cover evenly with half the cheese. Top with turkey mixture and remaining cheese. Bake, then top with remaining ingredients as directed.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|