Triple-Layered OREO Ice Cream Torte
Prep time15 min
Total time4hr 15min
ServingsMakes 12 servings, 1 slice (140 g) each.
- 2 cups (1/2 of 1-L container) raspberry sorbet, slightly softened
- 2 cups (1/2 of 1-L container) chocolate ice cream, slightly softened
- 2 cups (1/2 of 1-L container) vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 24 Oreo Cookies, crushed
- 1½ cups thawed frozen whipped topping
- ¼ cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Line 1-1/2-L glass bowl with plastic wrap. Spoon sorbet into prepared bowl; press firmly onto bottom of bowl with back of spoon. Cover with 1/2 cup crumbs.
- Repeat layers twice, substituting the chocolate, then vanilla ice cream for the sorbet. Freeze 4 hours.
- Use plastic wrap to remove dessert from bowl just before serving. Invert onto plate. Remove and discard plastic wrap.
- Frost dessert with whipped topping; sprinkle with coconut. Cut into wedges to serve.
Sweets can be part of a balanced diet but remember to keep tabs on portions.
- How to Easily Unmold Cake
Remove dessert from freezer about 5 min. before serving. Or quickly dip bottom of bowl in hot water to immediately release dessert from bowl.
- Avoid Ice Cream Melting
To prevent ice cream from melting while assembling torte, freeze the bowl for at least 20 min. before filling with ingredients as directed.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Vitamin A||6 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|