Salted Caramel-OREO Ice Cream Cake
Prep time30 min
Total time4hr 0min
ServingsMakes 16 servings.
- 36 Oreo Cookies, divided
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1½ L vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1½ cups thawed frozen whipped topping, divided
- 3 Tbsp. caramel sundae syrup
- ⅛ tsp. coarse sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. chocolate sundae syrup
- Crush 16 cookies into fine crumbs; mix with butter. Press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan; cover with ice cream.
- Top with layer of 16 of the remaining cookies; spread with 1 cup whipped topping.
- Freeze 4 hours or until firm.
- Run knife around rim of pan to loosen dessert. Remove rim.
- Mix caramel syrup and salt until blended. Drizzle caramel syrup mixture, then chocolate syrup over dessert.
- Cut remaining cookies in half. Use to garnish dessert along with the remaining whipped topping just before serving.
Prepare using your favourite variety of Oreo Cookies and/or your favourite flavour of ice cream.
Substitute a foil-lined 9-inch square pan for the springform pan, extending ends of foil over sides of pan. Use foil handles to transfer frozen dessert from pan to serving dish. Top with remaining ingredients as directed.
- Special Extra
For added flavour, add crushed pretzels to the crust. Increase the butter to 3 Tbsp.; mix with the cookie crumbs and 1/3 cup finely crushed pretzels. Press onto bottom of springform pan, then continue as directed.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Vitamin A||8 %DV|