RITZ Bite-Style Michigan Hot Dog
Prep time50 min
Total time1hr 0min
ServingsMakes 16 servings, 4 topped crackers (80 g) each
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. (450 g) lean ground beef
- ¼ cup chili sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tsp. liquid beef bouillon concentrate
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 4 hot dogs, cut into thin slices
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cheese curds, coarsely chopped
- 64 Ritz Crackers
- 1½ cups oil-and-vinegar coleslaw
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add onions and garlic; cook 3 to 4 min. or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
- Add crumbled meat to vegetable mixture in skillet; cook 10 min. or until meat is evenly browned, stirring frequently. Drain. Return meat mixture to skillet.
- Add chili sauce, ketchup, beef bouillon concentrate and pepper; stir. Cook 1 min.
- Stir in hot dogs. Add water; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 min. or until liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally. Cool 10 min.
- Add cheese curds to meat mixture; stir.
- Place crackers in single layer on platter; top with meat mixture and coleslaw, adding about 1 Tbsp. meat mixture and about 1 tsp. coleslaw to each cracker.
Recipe created by Frédérike from Forks & Folks.
Substitute 1 tsp beef base or beef bouillon granules for the liquid beef bouillon concentrate.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|