OREO-Mint Chocolate Chip Pops
Prep time15 min
Total time5hr 15min
ServingsMakes 6 servings, 1 pop each.
- 1½ cups vanilla low-fat Greek-style yogurt
- 1 cup thawed frozen whipped topping
- 5 drops green food colouring
- 1 tsp. mint extract
- 2 Tbsp. miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 Oreo Cookies, chopped, divided
- 6 Tbsp. hard-shell chocolate ice cream topping
- Mix yogurt, whipped topping, food colouring and mint extract in medium bowl until blended; stir in chocolate chips and 3/4 cup chopped cookies. Reserve remaining chopped cookies for later use.
- Spoon into 6 small (140 mL) paper or plastic cups; insert wooden pop stick into center of each cup for handle.
- Freeze 5 hours or until firm.
- Place remaining chopped cookies in pie plate. Remove 1 pop from cup. Hold pop by stick, then spoon 1 Tbsp. ice cream topping over top of pop. Let chocolate drip slightly down side of pop, then immediately dip pop into chopped cookies. Repeat with remaining frozen pops. Serve immediately.
- How to Remove the Frozen Pops from Cups
Hold bottom of each cup under running water for 15 sec., then press firmly onto bottom of cup to release the pop. (Do not twist or pull the pop stick.)
Prepare using frozen light whipped topping.
After drizzling the frozen pops with the ice cream topping and dipping them in the chopped cookies, the frosty pops can be placed in a single layer in freezer container and frozen up to 1 week before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|