OREO Filled "Doughnuts"
Prep time20 min
ServingsMakes 36 servings, 1 "doughnut" each.
- 2 cups pancake & variety baking mix
- 36 Oreo Cookies
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- Heat 2 inches oil in deep fryer to 375°F. Cover baking sheet with double layer of paper towels.
- Use pancake & baking mix to prepare batter as directed on package for pancakes.
- Dip 2 or 3 cookies, 1 at a time, into batter. Carefully add to hot oil; cook 3 min. or until golden brown, turning occasionally.
- Remove doughnuts from oil with slotted spoon; drain on prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining cookies; cool completely.
- Sprinkle evenly with sugar before serving.
- How to Fry Without a Deep Fryer
Substitute a Dutch oven or large saucepan for the deep fryer.
Prepare using your favourite variety of Oreo Cookies, such as Golden Oreo Cookies.
Omit the icing sugar. Instead melt 2 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate; drizzle over the cooled doughnuts. Then, sprinkle evenly with 2 Tbsp. coloured sprinkles.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|