CHIPS AHOY! Milk 'n Cookies Cupcakes
Prep time20 min
Total time1hr 20min
ServingsMakes 24 servings, 1 cupcake each.
- 24 Chips Ahoy! Original Cookies, divided
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) golden cake mix
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1½ cups butter, softened
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cut 12 cookies in half; reserve for later use. Coarsely chop remaining cookies.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package. Blend in sour cream, then stir in chopped cookies.
- Spoon into 24 paper-lined muffin pan cups.
- Bake 18 to 20 min. or until toothpick inserted in centres comes out clean. Cool 5 min. Remove cupcakes from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- Beat butter in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Blend in vanilla and milk. Spoon into pastry bag fitted with round decorating tip. Use to pipe frosting onto cupcakes.
- Insert colourful drinking straw into top of each cupcake just before serving. Garnish with reserved halved cookies.
Refrigerate any leftover cupcakes up to 5 days before serving.
Substitute 3 cups thawed frozen light whipped topping or canned ready-to-frosting for the homemade frosting.
- Decorating Know-How
Cut the straws 2-1/2-inch lengths before using to decorate these fun cupcakes.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Vitamin A||10 %DV|