OREO Cookie Balls Basketballs
Prep time40 min
Total time2hr 0min
ServingsMakes 48 servings, 1 cookie ball each.
- 1 pkg. (250 g) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 Oreo Cookies, finely crushed
- 454 g orange candy coating wafers, melted
- 2 oz. (1/4 of 225-g pkg.) semi-sweet baking chocolate
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended; shape into 48 (1-inch) balls. Place on waxed paper-covered rimmed baking sheet.
- Refrigerate 20 min.
- Dip cookie balls in candy coating, turning to evenly coat each ball with candy coating. Return to baking sheet.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate as directed on package; drizzle over cookie balls to resemble seams on basketballs.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until candy coating is firm. Keep refrigerated.
- Snack Mindfully
Sweets can be part of a balanced diet but remember to keep tabs on portions.
- How to Easily Dip the Cookie Balls
Keep the cookie balls refrigerated until ready to dip into the melted candy coating. Then add balls, in small batches, to bowl of melted candy coating. Use 2 forks to roll balls in coating until balls are evenly coated on all sides. Remove balls with forks, letting excess coating drip back into bowl before returning balls to the prepared baking sheet. Let stand until candy coating is firm.
Omit the orange candy coating wafers. Instead melt 2-1/2 pkg. (170 g each) white baking chocolate, then tint it with a few drops EACH red and yellow food colouring. Use to coat cookie balls as directed.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|