Candy Cane OREO Cookie Balls
Candy canes + OREOS + dark chocolate = irresistibly delicious easy-to-make cookie balls perfect for your party or gift-giving.
Prep time20 min
Total time1hr 30min
ServingsMakes 48 servings.
- 6 small candy canes, finely chopped (about 1/3 cup), divided
- 1 pkg. (250 g) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 Oreo Cookies, finely crushed
- 2 pkg. (225 g each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- Reserve 1 Tbsp. chopped candy. Mix remaining candy with cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- Shape into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place on parchment-covered rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with reserved candy.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Keep refrigerated.
- How to Melt the Chocolate
Microwave the chocolate in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2-1/2 min. or until completely melted, stirring every 30 sec.
These cookie balls, with their own built-in portion control, can be enjoyed on occasion. Just remember to keep tabs on portions.
- How to Easily Dip Cookie Balls
To easily coat cookie balls with the melted chocolate, add balls, in batches, to bowl of melted chocolate. Use 2 forks to roll balls in chocolate until evenly coated. Remove balls with forks, letting excess chocolate drip back into bowl. Place balls on prepared baking sheet; let stand until chocolate coating is firm.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|