Ugly Christmas Sweater OREO Cookie Balls
Prep time35 min
Total time1hr 45min
ServingsMakes 48 servings, 1 cookie ball each.
- 1 pkg. (250 g) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 Oreo Cookies, finely crushed
- 1½ pkg. (225 g each) semi-sweet baking chocolate (337.5 g), melted
- ⅓ cup decorations (coloured sugars, coloured sprinkles and assorted small holiday candies)
- 2 pkg. (170 g each) white baking chocolate (340 g), melted
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended; shape into 48 (1-inch) balls. Place on waxed paper-covered rimmed baking sheet. Freeze 10 min.
- Dip 24 cookie balls, a few at a time, into melted semi-sweet chocolate, turning to evenly coat each ball with chocolate. Return to baking sheet. Immediately add decorations as desired to make balls resemble ugly Christmas sweaters.
- Repeat with remaining cookie balls, using melted white chocolate and remaining decorations.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- How to Easily Dip the Cookie Balls
Keep cookie balls refrigerated until ready to dip in the melted chocolate. Then, add balls, in batches, to bowl of melted chocolate. Use 2 forks to roll balls in chocolate until evenly coated. Remove balls with forks, letting excess chocolate drip back into bowl. Place balls in prepared pan; decorate and refrigerate until firm.
Substitute assorted colours of melted candy coating wafers for the melted chocolates.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|