Red Velvet OREO Cookie Balls
Prep time30 min
Total time2hr 0min
ServingsMakes 21 servings, 2 cookie balls (38 g) each.
- 1 pkg. (250 g) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 Oreo Cookies, finely crushed
- ½ tsp. red food colouring
- 2 pkg. (225 g each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 Tbsp. sprinkles
- Mix cream cheese, cookie crumbs and food colouring until well blended. Shape into 42 (1-inch) balls. Refrigerate 30 min.
- Melt chocolate as directed on package. Dip balls in chocolate; place in single layer on parchment- or waxed paper-covered baking sheet. Top with sprinkles.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.
You will need 1-1/3 pkg. (300 g each) Oreo Cookies to get the 36 cookies needed to prepare this recipe.
- How to Easily Dip Cookie Balls
For best results, keep half the cookie balls refrigerated while dipping the remaining balls in melted chocolate. Use 2 forks to roll cookie balls in chocolate until evenly coated. Remove cookie balls with forks, then shake gently to allow excess chocolate to drip back into bowl before placing balls on prepared baking sheet. If chocolate gets too thick to coat cookie balls, return chocolate to microwave for 20 sec.; stir.
Sweets can add enjoyment to a balanced diet, but choose an appropriate portion.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|