OREO Chocolate Mousse Dessert
Prep time30 min
Total time3hr 45min
ServingsMakes 16 servings, 1 piece (73 g) each.
- 1¼ cups Oreo Baking Crumbs
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1 pouch (7.2 g) unflavoured gelatine
- 1¼ cups milk
- 1 pkg. (225 g) semi-sweet baking chocolate, divided
- 1 pkg. (250 g) brick cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups thawed frozen whipped topping, divided
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- ½ tsp. icing sugar
- Mix crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Sprinkle gelatine over milk in medium bowl. Add 7 oz. chocolate. Microwave on MEDIUM 4-1/2 min. or until milk is very hot. Stir 2 min. or until gelatine is completely dissolved and chocolate is completely melted when stirred. Refrigerate 15 min or until cooled and slightly thickened.
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Gradually beat in 1/3 of the gelatine mixture. Add remaining gelatine mixture; mix well. Gently stir in 1 cup whipped topping; pour over crust. Refrigerate 3 hours. Meanwhile, grate remaining 1 oz. chocolate; set aside until ready to use.
- Run knife around rim of pan to loosen dessert. Remove rim. Top dessert with remaining whipped topping, raspberries and grated chocolate. Sprinkle with sugar.
Desserts can be part of a balanced diet but remember to keep tabs on portions.
- Gelatine Success
For best results, make sure the gelatine is completely dissolved in the chocolate milk mixture before adding to the cream cheese.
- How to Shave Chocolate
Warm 1 oz. chocolate by microwaving it on HIGH for a few seconds or just until you can smudge the chocolate with your thumb. Hold the chocolate piece steadily, then draw a vegetable peeler slowly over the chocolate to form shavings. Repeat with remaining chocolate piece.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Vitamin A||10 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|