HONEY MAID Candy Cane Nanaimo Bars
Prep time30 min
Total time4hr 0min
ServingsMakes 32 servings, 1 bar (37 g) each.
- 6 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate, divided
- ¾ cup plus 1 Tbsp. butter, softened, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Honey Maid Crumbs
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. custard powder
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 10 drops red food colouring
- 2 Tbsp. crushed candy canes (about 2)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Microwave 2 oz. chocolate and 1/2 cup butter in large microwaveable bowl on MEDIUM 2 min. or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Blend in egg. Stir in crumbs, coconut and nuts. Press onto bottom of 9-inch square pan. Bake 8 min.; cool completely.
- Beat 1/4 cup of the remaining butter, custard powder, milk, sugar, extract and food colouring with mixer until well blended; spread onto crust. Refrigerate 15 min.
- Microwave remaining chocolate and butter in microwaveable bowl 2 to 3 min. or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Spread over custard layer; sprinkle with candy. Refrigerate 3 hours before cutting into bars.
- Make it Easy
For easy removal of dessert from pan before cutting into bars, line empty pan with foil or parchment paper, with ends extending over sides. Then, use the foil handles to remove chilled dessert from pan before cutting into bars.
- How to Store
Store bars in airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week. Or for longer storage, freeze bars up to 3 months. Thaw overnight before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|