Crunchy TRISCUIT Falafel
Prep time20 min
Total time1hr 20min
ServingsMakes 5 servings, 3 falafel (64 g) and about 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) tzatziki each.
- 20 Triscuit Dill, Sea Salt & Olive Oil Crackers, finely crushed, divided
- 1 egg white
- ½ cup hummus
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups oil
- ⅓ cup tzatziki
- Reserve 2 Tbsp. cracker crumbs for later use. Mix remaining cracker crumbs with egg white, hummus and parsley until blended.
- Shape into 15 balls, using about 1 Tbsp. for each ball. Roll in reserved cracker crumbs until evenly coated.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat oil in small saucepan to 375°F. Add 4 or 5 hummus balls; cook 1 min. or until golden brown. Remove cooked hummus balls (falafal) from oil with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining hummus balls.
- Serve falafal with tzatziki.
- Homemade Tzatziki
Mix 1/3 cup plain Greek-style yogurt, 1 Tbsp. shredded cucumbers and 1 tsp. lemon juice until blended. Season with salt to taste, if desired. Use instead of the purchased tzatziki.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|