WHEAT THINS Loaded Mashed Sweet Potato Dip
Prep time35 min
Total time1hr 0min
ServingsMakes 24 servings, 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) dip and 11 crackers each.
- 1 lb. (450 g) sweet potatoes (about 2), peeled, cooked and mashed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses, divided
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. chopped jalapeño peppers
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Wheat Thins Crackers
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix potatoes, cumin and garlic powder until blended; spread onto bottom of 1.5-L casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cover with 3/4 cup cheese, corn, beans and remaining cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 min. or until dip is heated through and cheese is melted.
- Top with peppers and cilantro.
- Serve with crackers.
Prepare using shredded pepper Jack cheese, or light shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese.
Prepare and bake in a 9-inch pie plate sprayed with cooking spray instead of the casserole dish.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Dietary fiber 2g|
|Vitamin A||25 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|