TRISCUIT Eggplant Parm "Flatbread"
Prep time25 min
ServingsMakes 6 servings, 4 topped crackers (88 g) each.
- 24 Triscuit Original Crackers
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded pizza mozzarella cheese, divided
- 85 g cooked breaded eggplant cutlets (about 2 slices), cut into 2x1/4-inch strips (See Tip.)
- 1 cup marinara sauce, divided
- 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place crackers, with sides touching, in single layer on parchment-covered baking sheet to form rectangle.
- Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. Parmesan and 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- Top with eggplant, 1/2 cup marinara sauce and remaining cheeses.
- Bake 5 min. or until cheeses are melted.
- Sprinkle with basil. Serve with remaining marinara sauce.
Look for the pre-cooked breaded eggplant cutlets in the deli or prepared foods section of your supermarket. Or, some stores sell them in the frozen foods section. If using the frozen cutlets, thaw them in the refrigerator before cutting into the strips. Or if you have fresh eggplant on hand, you can instead cut the peeled eggplant into 1/2-inch-thick slices, then coat the slices with dry bread crumbs and cook in hot oil in skillet until tender. Cool, then cut 85 g of the slices into strips and use to prepare recipe as directed. Refrigerate or freeze remaining eggplant slices until ready to use as desired.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|