RITZ-Topped Dijon Scalloped Potatoes
Cream cheese is the secret ingredient in these flavourful no-fail scalloped potatoes.
Prep time20 min
Total time1hr 20min
ServingsMakes 16 servings, 1/2 cup (125 mL) each.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 187 g (3/4 of 250-g pkg.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (10 oz/284 mL) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1½ lb. (675 g) Yukon gold potatoes (about 4), peeled, thinly sliced
- 60 Ritz Crackers, crushed (about 2 cups)
- 3 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cook onions in large skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat 5 to 7 min. or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Add cream cheese, broth and mustard; cook and stir 1 to 2 min. or until cream cheese is melted and sauce is well blended. Add potatoes; stir to evenly coat.
- Spoon into 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Mix remaining ingredients; sprinkle over potatoes.
- Bake 50 min. to 1 hour or until potatoes are tender.
- Special Extra
For added colour and flavour, substitute 1 sweet potato for 1 of the Yukon gold potatoes.
- Make Ahead
Assemble casserole as directed, except toss sliced potatoes with 1 tsp. lemon juice before stirring into sauce. Refrigerate up to 4 hours. When ready to serve, bake, uncovered, 1 hour or until potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||15 %DV|