Purple Monster CHIPS AHOY! Cupcakes
Looking for the cutest cupcakes for a birthday party? These adorable cookie eating monsters start with a boxed mix and are the most kid friendly monster treat ever!
Prep time20 min
Total time2hr 21min
ServingsMakes 24 servings, 1 cupcake (70 g) each
- 24 Chips Ahoy! Original Cookies, divided
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) white cake mix
- Blue and red food colourings, divided
- 1 container (450 g) creamy ready-to-spread vanilla frosting
- 48 candy eyeballs
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cut 12 cookies in half; reserve for later use. Coarsely chop remaining cookies.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package; spoon into 24 paper-lined muffin pan cups. Add 1 drop EACH blue and red food colouring to batter in each cup; swirl gently with knife. Top with chopped cookies; press gently into batter to secure.
- Bake 18 to 21 min. or until toothpick inserted in centres comes out clean. Cool cupcakes 5 min. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- Spoon frosting into medium bowl. Add 24 drops red food coloring and 16 drops blue food coloring; mix well. Spoon into pastry bag fitted with star tip. Use to pipe frosting onto tops of cupcakes. Decorate with reserved cookie halves and candy eyes.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
Omit the food colourings used to tint the frosting. Pipe untinted frosting onto cooled cupcakes. Sprinkle with purple coloured sugar or purple sprinkles before decorating with the cookie halves and candy eyes.
Line the muffin pans with foil liners instead of the paper liners.
- Food Facts
You will need about 1/2 tsp. EACH red and blue food colouring, and 2 pkg. (25 g each) candy eyeballs to prepare and decorate the 24 cupcakes.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Dietary fiber 1g|