PREMIUM PLUS Turkey-Apple Sliders
Prep time10 min
ServingsMakes 4 servings, 3 mini burgers (177 g) each.
- 1 lb. (450 g) ground turkey
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, coarsely shredded
- 6 Premium Plus Whole Wheat Crackers, crushed (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. ground sage
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 2 Tbsp. Miracle Whip Calorie-Wise Spread
- 3 light process cheese slices, each cut diagonally into 4 triangles
- Heat barbecue to medium-high heat.
- Mix first 5 ingredients; shape into 12 (1/2-inch-thick) patties.
- Grill 3 min. on each side or until done (175ºF). Meanwhile, use 2-inch biscuit cutter to cut each bun into 2 mini buns. Discard trimmings or use to make bread crumbs. (See tip.)
- Spread cut sides of buns with Miracle Whip. Fill with burgers and cheese pieces.
- How to Use Bun Trimmings
To make fresh bread crumbs, blend bun trimmings in blender until desired crumb size. Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator up to 1 week. Or, freeze up to 6 months. Use to make meatloaf, or mix with melted butter and seasonings for a quick casserole topping.
- Use Your Broiler
Patties can be cooked under the broiler instead of on the barbecue. Place patties on broiler pan. Broil, 6 inches from heat, 3 to 4 min. on each side or until done (175ºF).
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||6 %DV|