OREO Lemon Glitter Cookie Balls
Prep time20 min
Total time1hr 30min
ServingsMakes 40 servings, 1 cookie ball each.
- 1 pkg. (250 g) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 Golden Oreo Cookies, finely crushed
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 450 g white candy coating wafers, melted
- ½ cup gold-coloured sprinkles
- Mix cream cheese, cookie crumbs and lemon zest until blended; shape into 40 (1-inch) balls. Place on waxed paper-covered rimmed baking sheet. Freeze 10 min.
- Dip cookie balls into melted candy coating wafers, turning to evenly coat each ball with candy coating. Roll in sprinkles. Return to baking sheet.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
You will need 1-1/3 pkg. (300 g each) OREO Cookies to get the 36 cookies needed to prepare this recipe.
- How to Make Cookie Crumbs
Crushing OREO Cookies is a cinch with a rolling pin and resealable plastic food storage bag. Or, use your food processor or blender to process the cookies into crumbs.
- How to Easily Dip Cookie Balls
Keep the cookie balls refrigerated until ready to dip in the melted coating. Then, add balls, in batches, to bowl of melted coating. Use 2 forks to roll balls in coating until evenly coated. Remove balls with forks, letting excess coating drip back into bowl. Place balls in prepared pan; let stand until firm. If coating becomes too thick, add up to 2 tsp. shortening to each 450 g of candy wafers.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|