OREO "Cookie Ball" Gifts
Prep time30 min
Total time2hr 10min
ServingsMakes 50 servings, 1 cookie ball (22 g) each.
- 1 pkg. (250 g) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 Oreo Cookies, finely crushed
- ¾ lb. (340 g) white candy coating wafers
- ¼ lb. (115 g) red candy coating wafers
- 100 mini heart sprinkles
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended; press into 10x5-inch rectangle on parchment-covered rimmed baking sheet. Freeze 30 min.
- Cut cream cheese mixture into 50 (1-inch) squares. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Melt white candy coating wafers as directed on package. Dip cream cheese squares, 1 at a time, into melted candy coating, turning to evenly coat all sides of each square with candy coating. Return to baking sheet. Let stand 10 min. or until candy coating is firm.
- Melt red candy coating; spoon into pastry bag fitted with small writing tip. Use to pipe 4 lines on each square to resemble ribbon on a present as shown in photo. Pipe small dot of the remaining candy coating onto centre of each square, then immediately press 2 heart-shaped candies into candy coating to resemble a bow on a gift package as shown in photo.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Keep refrigerated.
- How to Easily Dip the "Cookie Balls"
For best results, remove the cookie ball squares from the refrigerator in small batches before dipping into the melted candy coating as directed.
The uncoated cream cheese squares can be stored in a freezer container up to 1 month. Let stand at room temperature about 10 min. before dipping the squares into the melted candy coating and decorating as directed.
If the melted candy coating becomes too thick to easily coat the cream cheese squares, add up to 2 tsp. oil to the melted candy coating to thin it to the desired dipping consistency.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|