NILLA Caramel-Pear Crisp
Prep time15 min
Total time1hr 10min
ServingsMakes 8 servings, 1/2 cup (125 mL) each.
- ¼ cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cold butter, cut up
- 15 Peek Freans Nilla Wafers, coarsely crushed (about 2/3 cup)
- 4 large pears, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 12 caramels
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- ¾ cup thawed frozen whipped topping
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Mix oats and sugar in medium bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in wafer crumbs.
- Place pears in 1.5-L casserole dish; top with crumb mixture.
- Bake 35 to 40 min. or until pears are tender and topping is golden brown. Cool 15 min. Meanwhile, microwave caramels and milk in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 to 1-1/2 min. or until caramels are completely melted, stirring after 1 min.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over dessert just before serving; top with whipped topping.
- Food Facts
The best varieties of pears for baking are Anjou or Bosc.
If crumb topping starts to overbrown, cover the dessert loosely with foil for the last few minutes of the baking time.
Don't worry if your pears are a bit on the firm side, since they will soften nicely when baked.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||8 %DV|