NILLA Buckeye Bars
Prep time15 min
Total time2hr 15min
ServingsMakes 25 servings, 1 bar (31 g) each.
- ½ cup non-hydrogenated margarine
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 22 Peek Freans Nilla Wafers, crushed (about 2/3 cup)
- 2 cups icing sugar
- ⅓ of 1-L tub frozen whipped topping (Do not thaw.)
- 3 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate
- Line 8-inch square pan with foil, with ends extending over sides of pan. Beat margarine and peanut butter with mixer until well blended. Add wafer crumbs; mix well. Gradually beat in sugar; press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Microwave whipped topping and chocolate in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min.; stir. Microwave 15 to 30 sec. or until chocolate is melted and mixture is blended; stir. Spread over peanut butter layer.
- Refrigerate 2 hours. Use foil handles to lift dessert from pan before cutting into bars.
Substitute Honey Maid crumbs for the crushed Nilla Vanilla Wafers.
- Serving Suggestion
Serve in holiday-coloured foil candy cups.
- Make Ahead
Store in airtight container in freezer up to 1 month. Thaw in refrigerator before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|