HONEY MAID Pumpkin Praline Cheesecake
Prep time15 min
Total time7hr 5min
ServingsMakes 16 servings, 1 piece (111 g) each.
- [heading] Cheesecake
- ¾ cup Honey Maid Crumbs
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup EACH packed brown sugar and granulated sugar, divided
- 3 egg
- 1½ cups canned pumpkin
- 1½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. EACH ground ginger and ground nutmeg
- 3 pkg. (250 g each) brick cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp. corn starch
- [heading] Praline
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. water
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup thawed frozen whipped topping
- Cheesecake: Combine crumbs, nuts, butter, and 1/4 cup each brown and granulated sugar; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Whisk eggs, pumpkin, spices and remaining brown sugar until well blended. Beat cream cheese, corn starch and remaining granulated sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add pumpkin mixture; mix just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake 45 to 50 min. or until centre is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool completely before removing rim. Refrigerate 4 hours. Meanwhile, prepare Praline.
- Praline: Bring sugar and water to boil in small saucepan on medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Continue boiling, without stirring, 5 to 7 min. or until syrup is thickened and golden brown. Remove from heat. Stir in nuts. Spread onto parchment-covered baking sheet. Cool completely. Break into bite-size pieces.
- Top Cheesecake with whipped topping and Praline just before serving.
- How to Soften the Cream Cheese
Microwave the completely unwrapped packages of cream cheese in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 30 to 45 sec. or just until cream cheese is softened.
Enjoy a serving of this rich and indulgent cheesecake on special occasions.
Prepare using brick light cream cheese and frozen light whipped topping.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|