HONEY MAID Fresh Lemon Cheesecake
Prep time15 min
Total time6hr 0min
ServingsMakes 8 servings, 1 slice (128 g) each.
- ¼ cup Honey Maid Crumbs
- 2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 pkg. (250 g) brick light cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup plain nonfat yogurt
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar substitute, divided
- 2 Tbsp. corn starch
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. zest and 1/3 cup juice from 2 large lemons, divided
- 3 whole eggs, divided
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbsp. non-hydrogenated margarine, cut up
- Heat oven to 325ºF.
- Sprinkle crumbs onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cottage cheese in large bowl with mixer until smooth. Add cream cheese, yogurt, 2 Tbsp. sugar substitute, corn starch and vanilla ; beat until well blended. Beat in 1 Tbsp. EACH lemon zest and juice. Add 1 whole egg, then egg white, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour over crumbs.
- Bake 40 to 45 min. or until centre is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim.
- Refrigerate cheesecake 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, cook remaining lemon zest, lemon juice, whole eggs and sugar substitute in small saucepan on medium-low heat 5 min. or until heated through, whisking constantly. Gradually add margarine, cooking after each addition until melted, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 1 min. or until thickened. Cool completely. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Pour lemon curd over cheesecake just before serving.
- Food Facts
When using a sugar substitute to prepare this tasty cheesecake, be sure to choose one that is suitable for baking.
- Special Extra
For a festive look, garnish cheesecake with sugar-coated fresh or frozen cranberries before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|