Family Game Night Snacking Board
Prep time30 min
ServingsImage shows 6 servings.
- Triscuit Original Crackers, Ritz Crackers and Crispers Cheddar Crackers
- Sliced pepperoni, orange cheddar cheese and white cheddar cheese
- Cadbury Dairy Milk Oreo Chocolate Bar, broken into pieces
- Maynards Sour Patch Kids Candy
- Cadbury Mini Eggs Candy
- Rainbow Chips Ahoy! Chocolate Chip Cookies and Oreo Cookies
- Apple slices and strawberries
- Cut-up fresh vegetables (carrots, celery, sweet peppers)
- Place crackers, pepperoni and cheese on large board or platter.
- Add chocolate candy pieces, bowl of sour candies, and bowl of popcorn mixed with mini eggs.
- Fill in empty spaces with remaining ingredients.
- Snack boards can be prepared for any number of servings. For each family member, use a guideline of 30 g cheese, 15 g meat and 20 g crackers. Add 30 g to 40 g cookies or candy for a sweet treat. For a satisfying and well-balanced board, fill in any gaps with fresh fruit and/or cut-up fresh vegetables.
- Vary the Cheese, Meat and Fruits
Soft, semi-soft and firm cheeses come in cubes, slices, logs and wedges - all of which can add more interest to the board. Substitute salami, or leftover cooked turkey or ham for the pepperoni. Choose fruits that are in season and have complementary flavours and shapes, such as clusters of grapes, sliced crisp apples, sliced fresh pears and soft berries.
- Make it Simple
Pre-sliced and cubed cheeses and meats can be purchased from your supermarket. For added convenience, look for pre-cut fresh vegetables in the produce section of your supermarket.