Coconut 'n Walnut OREO Bars
Prep time20 min
ServingsMakes 20 servings, 1 bar (49 g) each.
- 30 Oreo Cookies, divided
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 pkg. (468 g) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Crush 20 cookies finely; mix with butter until blended. Press onto bottom of 9 x9-inch pan.
- Combine cookie dough and nuts; crumble over crust. Press to completely cover crust.
- Cut remaining cookies in half; press, cut sides down, into cookie dough layer in 4 rows of 5 cookie halves each. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake 23 to 25 min. or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool completely.
Refrigerated sugar cookie dough is available during the holiday season. At other times of the year, you can prepare this recipe using refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough.
- How to Easily Remove Dessert from Pan Before Cutting into Bars
Line baking pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. Use foil handles to lift cooled dessert from pan before cutting into bars.
- How to Make Mess-Free Cookie Crumbs
Crushing cookies into crumbs can be a messy task. To keep the mess to a minimum, place the whole cookies in a resealable plastic bag. Flatten bag to remove excess air, then seal bag. Crush the cookies into crumbs by rolling a rolling pin across the bag until the crumbs are as fine as you need.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Vitamin A||0 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|