CHIPS AHOY! Hedgehog "Cake"
Prep time30 min
ServingsMakes 12 servings.
- 1 pkg. (250 g) brick light cream cheese, softened
- 6 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate, broken into pieces, melted
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1¼ cups thawed frozen light whipped topping
- 18 Chips Ahoy! Original Cookies, divided
- 2 bars (100 g each) Toblerone Swiss Milk Chocolate, broken into triangles
- 4 dried apricots
- 2 white chocolate chips
- 2 pieces shoestring licorice (2-1/2 inches each)
- 1 jelly bean
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Add melted chocolate and sugar; mix well. Gently stir in whipped topping. Remove 1 Tbsp. of the cream cheese mixture for later use; spread small amount of the remaining cream cheese mixture between each of 16 of the cookies to form 2 logs of 8 cookies each.
- Place logs, side-by-side, on serving platter for the "hedgehog's body." Add remaining 2 cookies to 1 end for the "face." Spread face and body with remaining cream cheese mixture until completely covered.
- Cut each apricot to resemble a foot with claws; attach to the body with the reserved cream cheese mixture. Press chocolate triangles into the "body" to resemble quills. Decorate with white chocolate chips for the "eyes," jelly bean for the "nose" and licorice for the "whiskers." Store in refrigerator.
- Make Ahead
Prepare cookie logs and spread with cream cheese mixture as directed. Refrigerate up to 24 hours. Remove from refrigerator about 20 min. before serving. Decorate as directed.
- Family Fun
The kids are sure to love the look, and taste, of this quick-and-easy dessert.
- How to Serve
Remove chocolate triangles, then cut dessert vertically in half. Cut each half into 6 pieces. Top each piece with 2 chocolate triangles.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Vitamin A 4%DV|
|Vitamin C 0%DV|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|