Prep time10 min
ServingsMakes 8 servings, 1/2 cup (125 mL) each.
- 1 tub (250 g) light soft cream cheese
- 64 Peek Freans Nilla Wafers, crushed (about 2-2/3 cups)
- 4 Granny Smith apples (1 lb./450 g), peeled, chopped
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400°F. Mix cream cheese spread and wafer crumbs with fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. (Do not overmix.) Set aside.
- Toss apples with sugar and cinnamon until evenly coated; spoon into 1.4-L casserole. Sprinkle with crumb mixture.
- Bake 15 to 20 min. or until crumb mixture is lightly browned and apples are tender. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Special Extra
Top each serving with 2 Tbsp. thawed whipped topping.
- Food Facts
Since Granny Smith apples hold their shape when cooked, they work well in this recipe. Other suggested apple varieties include Spy, Gala, Ida Red or Spartan.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||4 %DV|