OREO Ghosts in the Graveyard
Prep time30 min
Total time2hr 30min
ServingsMakes 16 servings, one piece (98 g) each.
- 2¼ cups Oreo Baking Crumbs, divided
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1½ cups boiling water
- 2 pkg. (85 g each) orange jelly powder
- ice cubes
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 3 cups thawed frozen whipped topping, divided
- 4 PEEK FREANS Shortcake Biscuits
- assorted decorating gels
- coloured sprinkles
- assorted Halloween candies
- Combine 2 cups of the baking crumbs and the butter; press firmly onto bottom of 13x9-inch pan. Set aside. Stir boiling water into dry jelly powder in large bowl until completely dissolved. Add enough ice cubes to orange juice to measure 1-3/4 cups. Add to jelly; stir until jelly is slightly thickened. Remove any unmelted ice. Pour jelly over crust. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Spread 2-1/4 cups of the whipped topping over jelly layer in pan; sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup baking crumbs. Refrigerate 1 hour or until jelly layer is completely set. Meanwhile, decorate biscuits with decorating gels to resemble tombstones; let stand until set.
- Insert biscuits into top of dessert just before serving. Drop large spoonfuls of the remaining whipped topping onto dessert to resemble ghosts. Decorate with sprinkles and candies as desired. Cut into 16 pieces to serve. Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.
- How to Dissolve Jelly Powder
Use a rubber spatula to stir the jelly powder after adding the boiling water. Stir at least 2 min. or until jelly powder is completely dissolved.
Add 1/4 cup flaked coconut to the remaining 1/4 cup baking crumbs before sprinkling over the jelly layer.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||8 %DV|