NUTTER BUTTER Cookie Bars
Prep time30 min
Total time1hr 30min
ServingsMakes 36 servings, 1 bar each.
- 18 Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies, coarsely chopped, divided
- 2 pkg. (496 g each) chocolate chip cookie mix
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides; spray with cooking spray. Reserve 1/2 cup chopped cookies for later use.
- Prepare cookie mixes in large bowl as directed on package; stir in cinnamon and remaining chopped cookies.
- Press cookie dough onto bottom of prepared pan. Top with reserved chopped cookies: press lightly onto dough.
- Bake 25 to 30 min or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean; cool completely.
- Use foil handles to remove dessert from pan. Melt semi-sweet chocolate as directed on package; drizzle over dessert. Let stand until firm before cutting dessert into bars to serve.
- Special Extra
If serving at a football party, decorate the bars to resemble footballs. Drizzle melted chocolate over each bar to resemble the laces on a football.
- How to Cut the Recipe in Half
Prepare recipe as directed, using 9 Nutter Butter Cookies, 1 pkg. cookie mix, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon and 1/2 oz. baking chocolate. Also, reduce the measure of chopped cookies from 1/2 cup to 1/4 cup.
Instead of using the purchased cookie mixes, you can prepare this recipe using 6 cups of your favourite chocolate chip cookie dough.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|