Easy OREO Truffles
Prep time30 min
Total time2hr 0min
ServingsMakes 21 servings, 2 truffles (38 g) each.
- 36 Oreo Cookies, finely crushed, divided
- 1 pkg. (250 g) brick cream cheese, softened
- 2 pkg. 225 g each) semi-sweet baking chocolate
- Remove 1 Tbsp. cookie crumbs; set aside. Mix cream cheese and remaining cookie crumbs until well blended. Shape into 42 (1-inch) balls. Refrigerate 30 min.
- Melt chocolate as directed on package. Dip balls in chocolate; place in single layer on parchment or waxed paper-covered baking sheet. Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
You will need 1-1/3 pkg. (300 g each) Oreo Cookies to get the 36 cookies needed to prepare this recipe.
- How to Easily Dip Truffles
To easily coat truffles with melted chocolate, add truffles, in batches, to bowl of melted chocolate. Then, use 2 forks to roll truffles in chocolate until evenly coated. Remove truffles with forks and allow excess chocolate to drip back into bowl before placing truffles in prepared pan.
- Special Extra
Sprinkle truffles with coloured sugar or sprinkles in addition to, or instead of, the cookie crumbs.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|