CHRISTIE Sugar Shack Maple-Walnut Cheesecake
Prep time20 min
Total time6hr 10min
ServingsMakes 12 servings, 1 piece (110 g) each.
- 16 Christie Peek Freans Maple Leaf Biscuits, finely crushed
- ¼ cup finely chopped walnuts
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 3 pkg. (250 g each) brick cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup maple syrup, divided
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. walnut pieces
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine first 3 ingredients; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup syrup in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake 45 to 50 min. or until centre is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate cheesecake 4 hours.
- Drizzle with remaining syrup just before serving; top with walnuts.
This flavourful cheesecake can be baked ahead of time. Cool completely, but do not drizzle with the remaining syrup or top with nuts. Wrap cheesecake tightly in plastic wrap, then freezer-weight foil. Freeze up to 2 months. When ready to serve, remove cheesecake from freezer and refrigerate overnight to thaw. Drizzle with remaining syrup and top with walnuts before serving.
Dessert can be part of a balanced diet, but remember to keep tabs on portions.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|