CADBURY MINI EGGS Egg Nog
Prep time20 min
Total time3hr 20min
ServingsMakes 6 servings, about 2/3 cup each.
- 1 cup Cadbury Mini Eggs Candy, divided
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 cups milk
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- ½ cup 35% whipping cream
- Chop 1/4 cup Mini Eggs finely; reserve for later use.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar in medium bowl with whisk until lemon coloured and slightly thickened.
- Cook milk, spices and remaining Mini Eggs in saucepan over medium heat until candy is completely melted, stirring frequently. (Do not let milk mixture come to boil.) Remove from heat.
- Add about half the milk mixture gradually to egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly until well blended. Return to remaining milk mixture in saucepan; mix well.
- Cook 8 to 10 min. or until egg nog is slightly thickened and reaches 170°F*, stirring constantly.
- Pour egg nog through fine-mesh strainer into pitcher; discard any strained solids.
- Refrigerate egg nog 3 hours or until chilled.
- Beat whipping cream with mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Pour egg nog into 6 glasses; top with whipped cream and reserved chopped Mini Eggs. Refrigerate up to 3 days before serving.
- Scroll down to watch our fun recipe video!
- *Keep it Safe
As per Health Canada guidelines, raw or lightly cooked eggs can contain salmonella bacteria and cause foodborne illness. Eggs and egg-based foods or beverages should be cooked to an internal temperature of at least 165°F (74°C) to ensure they are safe to eat or drink.
- Food Facts
You will need to purchase a 200-g or larger package of Cadbury Mini Eggs Candy to get the 1 cup Mini Eggs measurement needed to prepare this recipe.
- Special Extra
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Dietary fiber 1g|
|Vitamin A||20 %DV|