Toffee-Almond PREMIUM PLUS Bark
Prep time5 min
ServingsMakes 24 servings, 2 topped crackers each
- 48 Premium Plus Crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup whole natural almonds, chopped
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Place crackers in single layer on bottom of foil-lined 17x13x1-inch pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bring butter and sugar to boil in saucepan on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Cook 2 min. without stirring. Remove pan from heat. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour sugar syrup over crackers. Use back of spoon to spread syrup evenly over crackers. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake 5 min.
- Cool completely before breaking bark into pieces to serve.
- Kitchen Safety
The sugar syrup is extremely hot. Use caution when pouring it over the crackers.
- For Chocolate Lovers
Break 2 pkg. (100 g each) Cadbury Dairy Milk Milk Chocolate into small pieces. Prepare recipe as directed. Immediately top with chocolate; let stand 3 min. or until chocolate is melted. Spread chocolate to completely cover tops of crackers. Cool before breaking into pieces as directed.
- Pan Substitution
If you don't have the size pan called for in this recipe, you can instead use 2 smaller pans. Place 24 crackers, with sides touching, in single layer on bottom of each pan, then top each with half the sugar syrup and bake as directed. (Note: It is ok if the crackers don't completely cover the bottoms of the pans. The sides of the crackers just need to be touching as directed in recipe to prevent the sugar syrup from spilling over the crackers onto the bottoms of the pans.)
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Vitamin A||6 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|