RITZ Spinach-Mozzarella Sticks
Prep time30 min
Total time1hr 30min
Servings16 servings, 2 mozzarella sticks (55 g) and 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) sauce each.
- ¾ cup tightly packed baby spinach leaves
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 pkg. (250 g) brick cream cheese, softened
- 1 pkg. (250 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- ½ cup roasted red peppers
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup flour
- 40 Ritz Crackers, finely crushed
- 4 cups oil
- Place spinach in microwaveable bowl. Add water; cover with wax paper. Microwave on HIGH 30 to 45 sec. or just until spinach starts to wilt; cool.
- Chop spinach; place in medium bowl. Add cream cheese, mozzarella and garlic powder; mix well. Spread onto bottom of parchment-lined 8-inch square pan.
- Freeze 30 min. Meanwhile, blend mayonnaise, peppers and lemon juice in blender until well blended. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Beat eggs in shallow dish until blended. Place flour in separate shallow dish, then place cracker crumbs in third dish.
- Use parchment handles to transfer cheese mixture to cutting board; cut cheese mixture in half, then cut each half crosswise into 16 sticks.
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 350°F. Meanwhile, dip cheese sticks, one at a time, in flour, then eggs, then cracker crumbs, turning to evenly coat each cheese stick with each ingredient.
- Add cheese sticks, in small batches, to hot oil; cook 30 to 40 sec. or until golden brown. Remove from oil with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Cool slightly.
- Serve with roasted red pepper sauce.
- Snack Mindfully
Stay in the moment and focus on what you’re eating for a satisfying experience with a portion of your snack.
- Make Ahead
These fun-to-eat cheese sticks can be partially prepped ahead of time. Coat cheese sticks with ingredients as directed. Wrap tightly, then place in single layer in freezer-weight resealable plastic bag. Freeze up to 1 week before frying and serving as directed. No need to thaw before frying the cheese sticks in the hot oil.
- How to Reheat Cheese Sticks in the Oven
Cool, then refrigerate any leftover cheese sticks. When ready to serve, heat oven to 350°F. Place cheese sticks in single layer on parchment-covered baking sheet. Bake 5 min. or until heated through.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Vitamin A||15 %DV|
|Vitamin C||6 %DV|