RITZ Easy Lemon Chicken Piccata
Prep time10 min
ServingsMakes 4 servings, 1/4 recipe (149 g) each.
- 3 large lemons, divided
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 lb./450 g)
- 22 Ritz Crackers, finely crushed
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Cut 4 thin lemon slices from half of 1 lemon. Reserve lemon slices for later use. Squeeze juice from remaining 2-1/2 lemons; set aside.
- Spread mayonnaise onto tops of chicken breasts. Sprinkle cracker crumbs evenly over chicken.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 min. Turn; reduce heat to medium and continue to cook 5 min. or until chicken is done (165ºF) and golden brown.
- Transfer chicken to platter; sprinkle with parsley. Cover to keep warm. Carefully wipe out skillet with paper towel.
- Add lemon juice and broth to skillet; cook on medium-high heat 6 to 8 min. or until sauce is slightly reduced, stirring occasionally. Add butter and reserved lemon slices; cook and stir on low heat 3 to 4 min. or until butter is melted and lemon slices are heated through. Serve over chicken.
- Special Extra
Add 1 Tbsp. capers to skillet along with the butter and lemon slices.
- Serving Suggestion
Serve over hot cooked angel hair pasta.
You should get about 3/4 cup juice from the 2-1/2 lemons.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
|Vitamin C||60 %DV|