RITZ Caprese Ladybugs
Prep time30 min
ServingsMakes 6 servings, 4 topped crackers (86 g) each.
- 24 Ritz Crackers
- 6 mini bocconcini soft fresh cheese balls (1 inch), drained, each cut into 4 slices
- 24 fresh basil leaves
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 6 pitted black olives, quartered
- 1 green onion (green part only), cut into 48 thin strips
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic glaze
- ¼ tsp. black sesame seed
- Top each cracker with 1 EACH cheese slice and basil leaf.
- Add 1 tomato half to each topped cracker for the ladybug's body, 1 olive piece for the head and 2 green onion strips for the antennae.
- Brush tomatoes with balsamic glaze; sprinkle with sesame seed.
Substitute coarsely cracked black pepper for the sesame seed.
- Fun Variation
To add some "flight" to each ladybug, cut cherry tomato halves in half and arrange, fanned slightly apart, on crackers.
Substitute thin fresh chive strips for the green onion strips.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|