Prep time10 min
ServingsMakes 4 servings, 3 cracker sandwiches (60 g) each.
- 24 Ritz Crackers, divided
- 12 halved ciliegine fresh mozzarella balls (about 1/4 lb./115 g)
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 2 small plum tomatoes, each cut into 6 slices
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place 12 crackers in single layer on baking sheet; top each with 2 cheese pieces.
- Bake 3 to 4 min. or until cheese begins to melt.
- Top remaining crackers with basil and tomatoes; cover with cheese-topped crackers, cheese sides down, to make 12 sandwiches.
- Food Facts
Fresh mozzarella cheese can be found in the specialty cheese section of most grocery stores. It comes in a variety of forms, including small, medium and large balls, and sliced or unsliced logs. While we used the small balls, cut in half, to prepare this recipe, you can instead use any other form of mozzarella cheese to prepare this recipe.
- Make it Easy
These cracker sandwiches are equally delicious when prepared without melting the cheese. Just top 12 crackers with cheese, basil and tomatoes, then cover with remaining crackers.
- Special Extra
Top warm cheese-topped crackers evenly with 1 Tbsp. pesto before using to prepare cracker sandwiches as directed.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|