RITZ Brigadeiro Bites
Prep time30 min
Total time4hr 30min
ServingsMakes 4 servings, 2 topped crackers (40 g) each
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 can (300 mL) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 Tbsp. chocolate sprinkles
- 8 Ritz Crackers
- Melt butter in medium saucepan on medium heat. Stir in the milk, then cocoa powder; cook 10 min. or until thickened, stirring constantly. (Milk mixture is thickened enough when it takes several seconds for milk mixture to cover bottom of pan after being scraped off bottom of pan with back of large spoon.)
- Pour milk mixture into pie plate sprayed with cooking spray. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Spray hands lightly with cooking spray. Remove 3 Tbsp. chocolate mixture; roll into 8 balls, using about 1 tsp. chocolate mixture for each ball. Coat balls evenly with sprinkles. Place in single layer on plate.
- Refrigerate 3 hours. Meanwhile, refrigerate remaining chocolate mixture up to 3 days before using as desired.
- Place 1 fudge ball on each cracker just before serving.
- How to Use the Remaining Chocolate (Brigadeiro) Mixture
The remaining chocolate mixture can be rolled into additional balls as directed. (Do not coat balls with sprinkles.) Refrigerate up to 3 days. When ready to serve, let balls stand at room temperature 5 to 10 min. before coating with 1/4 cup chocolate sprinkles. For longer storage, the uncoated balls can be frozen in airtight container up to 3 months. Thaw in refrigerator overnight, then coat with the chocolate sprinkles as directed. Makes about 22 Brigadeiros.
Substitute coloured sprinkles or nonpareils, shredded coconut (raw or toasted) or unsweetened cocoa powder for the chocolate sprinkles.
- Special Extra
For a mocha Brigadeiro, add 1 Tbsp. espresso powder to melted butter in saucepan along with the milk and cocoa powder.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Dietary fiber 1g|