OREO Holiday Tree Centerpiece
Prep time60 min
Total time2hr 0min
ServingsMakes 1 centerpiece.
- 63 Oreo Cookies, divided
- 6 oz. (3/4 of 225-g pkg.) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- ¼ lb. (115 g) white candy coating wafers, melted
- Decorations:assorted holiday sprinkles, nonpareils and small candies
- Cut 4 cookies in half, then cut 1 of the cookie halves in half and 1 of the remaining whole cookies into quarters. (You will have 7 cookie halves, 6 cookie quarters and 58 whole cookies.)
- Arrange 9 whole cookies in 7-inch circle on plate, securing to plate with some of the melted chocolate. Place 2 whole cookies and 2 cookie halves in centre of circle. Repeat to make second layer of cookies, using 9 cookies to make a slightly smaller circle off centre from first layer and filling centre of circle with 2 whole cookies and 2 cookie halves, dipping bottom of each cookie in small amount of melted chocolate before using as directed.
- Dip bottoms of 7 cookies, 1 at a time, into melted chocolate, then use to make third layer of cookies, making circle slightly smaller than in the previous layer of cookies. Dip bottom of additional cookie in chocolate; place in centre of circle. Repeat to make a fourth layer of cookies, using 7 cookies to make a slightly smaller circle with 1 whole cookie in the centre of circle.
- Repeat to make 2 more layers, using 5 whole cookies to make each circle and placing 1/4 of a cookie in centre of each circle. Top with 3 more layers, using 3 cookies to make circle for each layer.
- Dip 3 cookie halves in melted chocolate, then place, rounded sides out, on top of stack to form small circle; top with 1 whole cookie in centre. Stand 3 quartered cookie pieces on top of whole cookie as shown in photo, securing pieces to whole cookie with melted chocolate. Stand 1 quartered cookie piece, rounded side down, on top.
- Spread about half of the melted white candy coating onto exposed sides of cookies to resemble fallen snow.
- Spoon remaining melted white candy coating into decorating bag fitted with small star tip. Use to add icicles to the tree. Add decorations as desired, securing pieces to tree with remaining melted white candy coating. Let stand 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until candy coating is firm.
You will need to purchase 2 pkg. Oreo Cookies to make this centerpiece.
- Important Note
If melted chocolate or candy wafers becomes too firm to work with, reheat in microwave 10 to 15 sec. or until of desired consistency when stirred.
Substitute ready-to-use white frosting for the melted white candy melts.