OREO Beautiful Butterfly Cake
Prep time60 min
Total time2hr 0min
ServingsMakes 16 servings.
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) white cake mix
- ⅓ cup raspberry jam
- 16 Oreo Cookies (regular size cookie)
- 3 cups thawed frozen whipped topping
- ½ cup fruit-flavored sweetened rice cereal
- 14 ring-shaped hard candies, any flavour
- 6 Mini Oreo Cookies
- Prepare cake batter and bake as directed on package for 2 (9-inch) round cake layers. Cool in pans 10 min. Invert cakes onto wire racks; gently remove pans. Cool cakes completely.
- Stack cake layers on plate, spreading jam between layers. Cut cake in half. Stack regular Oreo Cookies in line down centre of large cake board or tray for the butterfly's body, securing cookies to each other with small amount of whipped topping. Arrange cake stacks around body for the wings.
- Spread remaining whipped topping onto cake stacks. Decorate wings with remaining ingredients. Keep refrigerated.
For a refreshing citrus cake, prepare using lemon cake mix and substituting orange marmalade for the raspberry jam.
This recipe is great for special occasions. Be mindful of serving size.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Vitamin A 2%DV|
|Vitamin C 2%DV|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||2 %DV|