Lemon Blossom-OREO Cookie Balls
Prep time30 min
Total time1hr 40min
ServingsMakes 48 servings, 1 cookie ball each
- 1 pkg. (250 g) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 Golden Oreo Cookies, finely crushed
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 3 pkg. (170 g each) white baking chocolate, melted
- 1 Tbsp. assorted decorating icings
- 48 white nonpareils
- Mix cream cheese, cookie crumbs and lemon zest until blended; shape into 48 (1-inch) balls. Place on waxed-paper covered rimmed baking sheet. Freeze 10 min.
- Dip balls, 1 at a time, into melted chocolate; return to baking sheet. Fit tubes of decorating icings with star tips; use to pipe small flowers onto tops of balls. Gently press nonpareils into centre of each flower.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until chocolate is firm. Keep refrigerated.
- Size Wise
These cookie balls have built-in portion control. Enjoy on a special occasion but remember to keep tabs on portions.
- How to Easily Dip the Cookie Balls
To easily coat cookie balls with the melted chocolate, add balls, in batches, to bowl of melted chocolate. Use 2 forks to roll balls in chocolate until evenly coated. Remove balls with forks, letting excess chocolate drip back into bowl. Place balls in prepared pan; let stand until chocolate coating is firm.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||0 %DV|