HONEY MAID Lemon Lush Eclair Bars
Prep time30 min
Total time4hr 30min
ServingsMakes 24 servings, 1 bar each.
- 1 large lemon
- 1 pkg. (4-serving size) lemon instant pudding mix
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 tub (500 mL) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 51 Honey Maid Wafers
- 2 cups icing sugar
- Grate enough peel from lemon to measure 1 Tbsp. zest. Reserve lemon for later use.
- Beat pudding mix and milk in large bowl with whisk 2 min. Stir in whipped topping and lemon zest.
- Layer 1/3 of the wafers and half of the pudding mixture in 13x9-inch pan, breaking wafers as necessary to fit; repeat layers. Cover with remaining wafers.
- Cut lemon in half; squeeze juice from lemon halves. Mix icing sugar and 5 tsp. lemon juice until blended. If necessary, stir in additional lemon juice, 1 tsp. at a time, until glaze is of desired spreading consistency. Spread over dessert.
- Refrigerate 4 hours.
- Fun Variation for Winter
Reserve 2 tsp. of the prepared glaze for later use; spread remaining glaze over dessert as directed. Cut additional Honey Maid Wafers into 12 small thin strips, then cut each strip crosswise in half to make 24 small pieces. Use small dabs of the reserved glaze to attach 2 wafer pieces to bottom of each of 12 Teddy Grahams Honey Cookies to resemble ice skaters. Place on top of prepared dessert just before serving.
- Special Extra
Sprinkle 2 Tbsp. white sprinkles or 1 Tbsp. white nonpareils around edges of dessert after spreading with the glaze.
Substitute additional 1-1/2 cups thawed frozen whipped topping for the icing sugar glaze.
Nutrition Per Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Vitamin A||2 %DV|
|Vitamin C||2 %DV|